MORPHEUS is the newsletter of the Dreamworker’s Forum whose purpose is to foster communication among the many people interested in dreams who share the view that dreams are a profound source of personal and collective wisdom for us all.
FORUM FACEBOOK PAGE ANNOUNCED!!
The Forum’s Marketing Committee has been hard at work creating a Facebook page for Forum members through the efforts of Elliann Rea and Katherine Bell. The page’s title is the “Santa Cruz Area Dreamworker’s Forum” and its intent is to give area dreamers a go-to place for area dreamworking news, resources, inspiration, and so much more.
Forum members will be able to post messages to one another quickly and to announce any upcoming dream-relevant events. All Forum members are encouraged to make use of this opportunity not only to keep up-to-date with what’s happening in the Santa Cruz area, but to touch base with your Forum friends a little more often than networking with them at our monthly open house events.
Currently the page is operating as a closed group, so any Forum member interested in joining will first need to be invited into the group. You can do this by simply emailing either Elliann (at firstname.lastname@example.org) or Katherine (at email@example.com) and requesting an invitation. Once the invitation is received, respond and you will be active in the group.
Thanks to both Elliann and Katherine for helping to make this avenue possible for the Forum!
NEXT OPEN HOUSE APRIL 16th
Our next open house will be Sunday, April 16th at Marsha’s home from 1:30 to 4:30 PM. This month Forum member Richard King will introduce us to the process of “Voice Dialog.” Compared to dream work, voice dialog is a differently structured way at looking into our unconscious. It requires a sacred space, patience, an absence of agenda and, of course, willingness on the part of the participant to be open to perhaps startling self-realizations.
HOPE TO SEE YOU THEN!!
- Current sessions of Marsha Hudson’s spring projective dream group began meeting Monday, April 3rd from 5:30-7:30PM. Openings may still be available. Contact Marsha at firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-425-8167 or go to her website at marshahudson.com for more information.
- Katherine Bell’s ongoing Dream Circle meets every second and fourth Tuesday evening at 1509 Seabright Avenue (upstairs at Essential Space) from 7:00-9:00PM. For more information, contact Katherine at email@example.com or call 831-426-4909.
- Forum member Hollye Hurst’s publication, “Dream Discovery Workbook: A Guided Dream Journal,” is currently available for purchase on her website (http://mydreamlife.me/shop/).
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- A two-day Jeremy Taylor workshop on projective dreamwork will be hosted by Marsha Hudson at her home on April 28th and 29th. Space is extremely limited, so those interested should register as soon as possible. For more information or to register, contact Marsha at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 831-425-8167.
- Pacifica Graduate Institute announces the first session of its Dream Tending Certificate Program with Stephen Aizenstat from May 14th-17th. This is a limited enrollment, intensive program meant for those who have dream tending experience. For more information, email Pacifica at email@example.com or call 805.969.3626, ext.374.
- Students of the Dream announces its annual Breitenbush Retreat, “The Brilliance of Your Dreams.” This experiential dreamwork retreat will be held at the Breitenbush Hot Springs Retreat Center located in Detroit, Oregon (near Portland) from May 22nd-May 26th. The retreat will be led by archetypal dream work practitioners Sue Scavo and Bill St. Cyrand. For more information contact their website at com. For registration and costs, call the Breitenbush Center directly at 503-854-3320. If planning to attend, Forum member Katherine Bell is willing to carpool to the Center from Portland, just contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 831-426-4909.
- IASD’s annual dream conference in 2017 will take place in Anaheim from June 16-20th and will feature world-renowned keynote speakers and over 150 presenters from around the globe. Check out the IASD website asdreams.org/2017 for more information. Any Forum members planning on attending and interested in carpooling or sharing hotel rooms with other members are encouraged to contact Marsha Hudson at email@example.com or Hollye Hurst at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stephen Aizenstat and Doug Thomas will be presenting “Dreaming as Response: The Global Dream Initiative” at the Pacifica Graduate Institute’s annual conference, “Response at the Radical Edge: Depth Psychology for the 21st” The conference will be at Pacifica on June 16th-18th. For more information email Pacifica at email@example.com or call 805-969-3626.
- Pacifica Graduate Institute announces its “Introduction to Dream Tending Workshop” with Stephen Aizenstat from July 14th-16th. For more information email Pacifica at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805.969.3626, ext. 374.
DREAMS ARE THE GUIDING WORDS OF THE SOUL–Carl Jung